HEADER BLOG TITLE

02/07/2013

Squaring the Treble Circle



Hello!  I have been playing around with US Treble/Triple crochet stitches over the past few weeks and whilst I a still figuring out how to increase the rows beyond row 5 in order to create a beautiful flat circle of about cushion size, I managed to square 2 different sizes last night and thought I'd share with you how I did this. Perhaps instructions already exist, but I haven't come across it yet. (Ah - correction - I just came across Retro Circles which albeit hooked in DC, was squared similarly.) 

I also realised how beautiful a throw would be in the smaller square - perhaps each square also edged in one row of SC in a contrasting colour? I bought yarn in natural, peach, grapefruit and raspberry recently and now wonder whether I should be ditching the naturals and pick up cherry red and purple to create a funky doodle donkey vibrant scarf/bag/throw/potholder/doily?  Hmm I will mull over it and perhaps I should just get into my car and visit the yarn store? I also fell in love with the latest circles by Little Woollie and am most definitely hooking something in that pattern soon.

Cheers!




Thank you to all those who subscribed and are flipping pages on Pigtails Crochet Mag (Flipboard)!



6 comments:

  1. I love this posting so much! So sweet...
    ─=≡Σ((( つ•̀ω•́)つ
    the teen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Excellent tutorial.
    Cheers!
    Barbara
    P.S. I would love it if you would link this tutorial in my upcoming link party this Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely little squares, thanks for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth, I have yet to hook something in this pattern but ideas are mulling through my mind! I especially like the dimensions of the smaller one.

      Delete