HEADER BLOG TITLE

08/03/2013

New Yarn!

Vinnis, Oh my dear Vinnis


Hello!  I am on my way to the yarn shop to buy something that I haven't hooked in before, but I have looked at it, drooled over it, hugged it, snuggled my face in it - and just stopped short from giving it a lick as it looks that good!  It is a 100% bamboo, hand dyed yarn described as a "luxurious yarn with a rich shiny lustre" - Vinnis Serina.  It is so soft and the colours are amazing. I am mixing the Bamboo with Vinnis Nikkim 100% cotton in a hoooky project even still unknown to myself, but most probably something modern and simple so that the texture and colours will speak for itself. I have already bought the cotton earlier this week after I was inspired by the colours in a scarf I love to wear. And then I looked at pieces of my own jewelry and knew what colours I was most definitely keen on wearing - muted shades of grey, green, charcoal and duck egg blue (apart from the obligatory white and black with a splash of orange just for fun in my accessories).


This is the scarf



My recycled Coke bottle glass beads from Ghana!



A neck piece made from bead finds in Singapore by a talented British Expat friend


And lastly but not least a lovely necklace I picked up just yesterday from a shop in South Africa.  It is hooked, beaded and sewed.


I will let my mind wonder and will come up with a plan soon - the wondering will of course take place whilst hooking and finishing the throw inspired by my colourful beaded bangles and designed on the Ipad. I almost never stock up on yarn, but I couldn't ignore the urge this time. Have a great weekend!  
Cheers!

10 comments:

  1. HI,

    This is very good blog, good information i like to visit your blog again and again because of new updates.

    Regards

    http://www.gokakmills.com/index1.htm

    Dyed Yarn Manufacturers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors of yarn. Can't wait to see what you'll be making using this yarn. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love these colours! =)
    I'm soon gonna start a rug in green-mint-turquoise-shades (in zpagetti). Looking forward to seeing what you will make of your yarn! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo I am itching to hook with zpagetti as well but would have to order online or cut my own! These colours would look awesone in zpagetti!

      Delete
  4. I found the Serina quite thinner that the Nikkim, but it would work lovely for a scarf or light throw, as it is so soft. Beautiful colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is much thinner, but I am thinking of using a much bigger hook than I would normally use for both yarns to get this type of effect http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/luvri/item/sophiedigard_0028/ or http://www.toast.co.uk/product/6QCC8/CROCHET+THROW.htm?cmpid=LinkShare or http://pinterest.com/pin/147915168981521699/ Hopefully I will get the effect but might have to do a few trial runs first eeeek.

      Delete
  5. Hi Pigtails,

    Thanks for your kind words on my blog.
    I like your work too, and your blog!
    What are Coke bottle recycled glass beads from Ghana?
    They are also gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Estella, resources are often limited in Africa and Africans are therefor masters at recycling items for craft and arts. Take a look at this article http://www.thebeadchest.com/Eco_Friendly_Beads_a/252.htm The white beads are made from recycled coke bottles, the brown beads from beer bottles etc. Cheers!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the comment. I love your blog also...I will for sure read it in the future.

    ReplyDelete